At Maia Financial, we create dynamic solutions to achieve the extraordinary!
We work in an innovative culture, have a diverse and approachable leadership team and a flat organisational structure. We offer a competitive compensation package, work-life harmony and our supportive leaders actively foster career development.
Joining a financial services organisation in Sydney CBD you will bring your expertise in Compliance and Governance to ensure that business is conducted to the highest standards and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. You will report to the General Counsel and be accountable for promoting and embedding a strong Governance and Compliance culture within Maia Financial.
• Implement a Compliance Program for our company in collaboration with all business units and stakeholders;
• Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities making amendments where required;
• Review and update relevant Compliance and Governance policies in accordance with changes to laws and regulations;
• Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of alleged breaches of regulations, policies, procedures and code of conduct as well as report any breaches to regulatory bodies;
• Interpret complex laws and/or ethics and integrate appropriately to best practice;
• Provide advice and guidance on a wide range of matters relating to Compliance and Governance;
• Design and conduct comprehensive program for Compliance training;
• Produce quarterly reports to the Board.
Does this sound like you?
• Graduated with a diploma or tertiary qualification in Law or Finance (post-grad qualifications highly regarded);
• 8-10 years’ experience as a Compliance and Governance professional in Financial Services with a particular focus on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Funding laws and programs;
• Experience working with sector regulators such as AUSTRAC, ASIC, APRA etc;
• Have worked in a small team environment and taken a project from early beginnings in a growing business;
• Honed alertness and vigilance to actual and potential breaches with the ability to act quickly and reasonably;
• Comfortable to stand by difficult decisions;
• Attention to detail, solution-focused and a critical thinker;
• Dependable, proactive and organised;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Able to build interpersonal relationships and collaboratively promote a compliance culture;
• Navigate through tasks and multiple transaction with ease, accuracy and to deadlines.
How to apply:
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent who are responsible, accountable, creative, innovative and committed, love what they do, and want to make an impact in their business and to their client portfolio. We are a busy and dynamic organisation, and are always on the hunt for people who have a passion for living our core values: Freedom, Trust, and Care!
If this role excites you please apply by completing our online application using the following link:
Please note all applicants will be required to complete an online application form, and be prepared to attend up to two interviews.
All applicants are required to have a current right to live and work in Australia to be eligible for this role.
Maia Financial does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual preference, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family or carer’s responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction and social origin. We value having an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We look forward to hearing from you!